Do you have a dog in your house? Have you recently bought a dog? If you have a dog, you must know the exact way of shampooing it. A dog needs to be properly washed with shampoo. It is essential for the safety and hygiene of the dog. Please wash or shampoo your dog once a week. It will protect the pet from getting infected. The process can also make him feel fresh and good. However, you need to follow some steps to clean the dog. You must also be well aware of the shampooing process of the dog.
Steps for shampooing or washing the dog
You need to follow a series of steps to wash or shampoo the dog. Here are some of the steps you have to follow.
- In the first step, you have to make the dog wet with water. You can use a pipe or a bucket full of water to make the dog wet.
- Now take a small amount of shampoo. You can also consult a veterinarian for the right shampoo. They can give you the right suggestion for choosing shampoo.
- In the next step, you have to apply the shampoo uniformly to the dog. To do this, you can also use a brush. Brushing before washing the shampoo is essential because it will help in the easy removal of the shampoo.
- Once washing is done, you need to check that no shampoo is left. A single shampoo can make your dog feel irritated. It can feel uncomfortable at the same time.
- Use a thick towel to rub the dog’s body. Please keep it outside under the sun for some time. It will make him dry.
- While you are washing the dog, you may find layers of hairs coming out. This can block the drainage system of the washroom. You can put a ball of steel wool on the mouth of the drain. This will prevent it from getting blocked.
- You can also use a rubber skid mat while making the dog stand after bathing. It may get slipped on the floor. Thus primary prevention is better.
- You must remember to fill the tub or bucket with water before bringing the dog. This is because the sound of rushing may put the dog under stress, and it may not be eager to take a proper wash or bath.
Is it reasonable to use human shampoos on dogs?
Many people use their shampoos on dogs. Is it right to do so? The ph balance of human skin is estimated to be about 5.5-5.6. If you use human shampoos on the dog’s body, it will affect the skin by forming parasites and bacteria’s. It will also cause allergies. Human shampoos can make the dog’s skin dry and flaky. It can also cause many scratches.
You must know that the acid mantle is responsible for keeping the body hydrated and moisturized. To maintain the body’s acid mantle you need to use a product that maintains a perfect balance between acidity and alkalinity. It is an essential point that needs to be remembered while selecting the perfect shampoo for a dog. The average skin balance for humans is 5.5-5.6. Whereas in dogs, the skin balance is between 6.2 to 7.4.
Thus human shampoos are more acidic. Thus it is always better not to apply the same on the dogs. They can face severe skin issues. It can badly damage the skin by causing rashes, infections. The irritation may become so powerful that you may experience scratches in their body.
Dog shampoos are specially designed so that they can lather much more than human ones.
Is it suitable to use baby shampoos on dogs?
A dog’s skin is much delicate and sensitive than any other skin. Humans have 10-15 skin layers. In the case of dogs, it is 3 to 5 skin layers. From this, you can easily assume the sensitivity of the dog’s skin. So, you must be particular while selecting the perfect shampoo for your dog. This is another vital question that you must be eager to know. It would help if you remembered that dogs need special attention and care. It is okay if you use shampoo or soap on the dog once in week. It can prevent and protect him from all sorts of infections. Human shampoos are always harmful to dogs. But if you are looking for an alternative, you can move or try the baby shampoos. It can be slightly better than human shampoos.
Baby shampoos are designed with special care. It is manufactured for sensitive skins. These types of shampoos are made with mild fragrances, and the amount of chemical content is also less. You can use it as an alternative on the dogs. Although baby shampoos are mild and can be used as an alternative, you must try to use it only during emergencies. Otherwise, it would help if you always concentrated on using a good dog shampoo for giving a proper bath. Never start using baby shampoo as a permanent solution.
So, it would help if you always used a perfect shampoo to wash the dog. Any wrong selection of shampoo can make the dog’s skin damaged. It can give birth to many bacteria and infections. The best thing is to consult a veterinarian who can give you the best choice. Dog’s have a dislike about the smell of the shampoos. So, you must select the best one for your pet. After washing the dog, it is okay to make him dry under the sun instead of rubbing with a towel. It can make the dog feel irritated. If you have a dog, you need to take the utmost care of your pet. He is one of the most critical family members. He needs special attention and care from your end. Try to love him and give him proper attention as and when required. He will always be on your side.